Sierra Senior Services delivered 33,000 meals this past fiscal year to seniors in our community.
Volunteers are essential in providing caring and compassion to seniors in need of nutrition assistance. Together, volunteers provided over 33,000 meals last year. With the help of compassionate and dedicated volunteers, are able to serve the many seniors in need of meal assistance in the Truckee-Tahoe community. So thank you!!
Volunteers contribute at every stage of the program, from meal preparation to meal delivery. Volunteer drivers are always needed along with other volunteer opportunities.
If you have any special talents, skills, or time, consider signing up to be a volunteer.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Help seniors maintain an independent lifestyle;
- Brighten the days of isolated and lonely seniors;
- Work directly with your community;
- Lend a hand in overall operations;
- Develop friendships with seniors and other kindhearted volunteers;
- Learn valuable skills and gain experience for your resume;
- Fulfill community service or internship hours for school; and to
- Make a difference, have fun, and be inspired!